Forum Sementara Putera.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forum Sementara Putera.com

Bersama kita perkemaskan forum ini sementara forum asal dalam pemulihan.

Forum putera dah kembali. Masalah sudah berjaya diselesaikan. Sila lawati http://forum.putera.com/tanya

+2
FryShadow
Apokalipso
6 posters

Worshiper Of Ubuntu

Apokalipso
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 12/03/2009

Worshiper Of Ubuntu Empty Worshiper Of Ubuntu

Post by Apokalipso Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Hi everybody,

I was called to write down what i'm about to expressed into this forum in hope a single ray of light would clear up the minds and thoughts of Opensource in Putera. As i would recall, this Linux & *nix forum/sub-forum embodied inside Putera has turned into a place where all the worshiper of Ubuntu is gathered. I was wondering to myself, is this really a Linux & *nix discussion forum or just a place where all Ubuntu fellowship gathered around and start a topic to discussed. Are there really no Slackware users out there ? How bout FreeBSD ? NetBSD maybe .. OpenBSD or Yellow Dog perhaps ? Maybe SuSE and Mandrake users ? All i see is Ubuntu here and Ubuntu there which in my HUMBLE opinion is not quite a pleasant environment for other distro to grow. I'm not denying nor saying Ubuntu is bad or not come up to the expectation, and i can't help myself to agree that it has really help people to have a better understanding about Linux and *nix world.

But also i'm asking before the council of Moderators/Admin/PDP Moderators/Supervisors to help appreciate the other distro's that has been around long before Ubuntu nor CentOS . I've appreciate the motion to introduce it to the newbies, but a line has to be drawn as not too suppressed them (the newbies) with Ubuntu, KUbuntu, XUbuntu , while there's a lot of alternatives besides Ubuntu such as PC-BSD, Slax and other stuff too that can be introduced. I believe a user ID with Trunasuci would agree on this issue and would strongly suggest the same idea too. I hope the love of Opensource could be spread throughout the whole world without discriminating other Linux/*nix distro in order to help more people to have a better understanding towards an Opensource OS.
    FryShadow
    FryShadow
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 20/02/2009

Worshiper Of Ubuntu Empty Re: Worshiper Of Ubuntu

Post by FryShadow Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Mungkin kerana populariti Ubuntu tu lebih sedikit dari distro lain mungkin akan menjadi seperti windows tapi masih free lah hehe..

aku rasa ada lagi yang guna distro lain cuma diaorg belum sampai masa nak bukak thread/soalan pasal distro lain hehe..

sape penah try Gentoo dan Arch mungkin tak semudah Ubuntu.. and Ubuntu pada aku lebih userfriendly untuk pengguna baru, yang baru nak kenal apa itu Linux operating system.. mungkin boleh cuba yang lain2 macam kata Apokalipso, tak semestinya Ubuntu.. tapi kalau Ubuntu tu rasa fit dgn environment tak salah kalau nak terus guna Razz sebab benda ni pon free..

: power in your hands

-fry
    dans kam
    dans kam
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : PHP
    Registration date : 19/02/2009

Post by dans kam Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Salam...

Aku rasa mende ni jadi sebab x ramai pengguna Distro lain yang sama2 berkongsi. byk yang ada, pengguna Ubuntu.

Jadi, kepada pennguna distro lain selain famili Ubuntu, join la sekali, kongsi la ape2 info pasal Distro yang korang guna. Dengan tu, pengguna2 baru leh jugak buka mata tentang kepelbagaian GNU/Linux Distro..

Sharing is good!... Very Happy
    slaughters
    slaughters
    PDP Moderator
    PDP Moderator

Registration date : 13/02/2009

Post by slaughters Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:58 pm

apa yang perlu dilakukan agaknya ?

bukak sub forum untuk setiap distro yang popular ?
    TRUNASUCI
    TRUNASUCI
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 06/03/2009

Post by TRUNASUCI Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:32 pm

slaughters wrote:apa yang perlu dilakukan agaknya ?

kalau nak bukak subforum, distro saja ada lebih dari 100 jenis... Smile
    TRUNASUCI
    TRUNASUCI
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 06/03/2009

Post by TRUNASUCI Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:38 pm

Apokalipso wrote:Hi everybody,

I was called to write down what i'm about to expressed into this forum in hope a single ray of light would clear up the minds and thoughts of Opensource in Putera. As i would recall, this Linux & *nix forum/sub-forum embodied inside Putera has turned into a place where all the worshiper of Ubuntu is gathered. I was wondering to myself, is this really a Linux & *nix discussion forum or just a place where all Ubuntu fellowship gathered around and start a topic to discussed. Are there really no Slackware users out there ? How bout FreeBSD ? NetBSD maybe .. OpenBSD or Yellow Dog perhaps ? Maybe SuSE and Mandrake users ? All i see is Ubuntu here and Ubuntu there which in my HUMBLE opinion is not quite a pleasant environment for other distro to grow. I'm not denying nor saying Ubuntu is bad or not come up to the expectation, and i can't help myself to agree that it has really help people to have a better understanding about Linux and *nix world.

But also i'm asking before the council of Moderators/Admin/PDP Moderators/Supervisors to help appreciate the other distro's that has been around long before Ubuntu nor CentOS . I've appreciate the motion to introduce it to the newbies, but a line has to be drawn as not too suppressed them (the newbies) with Ubuntu, KUbuntu, XUbuntu , while there's a lot of alternatives besides Ubuntu such as PC-BSD, Slax and other stuff too that can be introduced. I believe a user ID with Trunasuci would agree on this issue and would strongly suggest the same idea too. I hope the love of Opensource could be spread throughout the whole world without discriminating other Linux/*nix distro in order to help more people to have a better understanding towards an Opensource OS.

adess..

nama aku pulak naik..

actually ada pro and cons.. cuma to be honest agak obvious kelihatan perkara yg disebut diatas.. so fanatik is fanatik, let's treat all distros equally la..

rasanya isu ni banyak kat newbies je since depa excited dengan "dunia baru" yg depa baru jumpa.. cuma teguran sikit la.. please call Ubuntu as Ubuntu Linux.. jgn tinggal perkataan linux tu pasal dah ramai yg confuse dan ingat Ubuntu = mcm macintosh tp bukan linux..

just pandangan saja.. apa2 itu semua passion.. me ngan *BSD, slackware, lain2 linux gak.. lain org dengan distro dia.. apa2 semua ni pusing2 satu kaum je.. geng2 OSS gak Smile..
    umarzuki
    umarzuki
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : Exploring GNU/Linux stuff
    Registration date : 25/04/2009

Post by umarzuki Sat May 02, 2009 11:00 am

Apokalipso wrote:Hi everybody,

This sub-forum _is_ dedicated to Linux & *nix but since there's a lot of Ubuntu Linux users come for help, why not help them? Do we brush them off just because "it's enough Ubuntu thread around here"?
    Apokalipso
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 12/03/2009

Post by Apokalipso Mon May 04, 2009 8:02 pm

slaughters wrote:apa yang perlu dilakukan agaknya ?

Yeah how about that. Sounds nice too. I presume your the guy who makes the call.

@umarzuki

Hi bro, don't get this the wrong idea. I'm not trying to brushed them off, all i'm saying that part of it shouldn't be Ubuntu only, it should have some OTHER elements too. Feel free to brushed the others if you like. I don't have any jurisdiction to hold you off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:59 am