Forum Sementara Putera.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forum Sementara Putera.com

Bersama kita perkemaskan forum ini sementara forum asal dalam pemulihan.

Forum putera dah kembali. Masalah sudah berjaya diselesaikan. Sila lawati http://forum.putera.com/tanya

2 posters

Creating custom registration and login page for PHPBB3 + Wordpress..

Pardork
    Pardork
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : Penyapu Sampah / Termenung
    Registration date : 17/06/2009

Creating custom registration and login page for PHPBB3 + Wordpress.. Empty Creating custom registration and login page for PHPBB3 + Wordpress..

Post by Pardork Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:21 pm

My websites require phpBB3 and wordpress plugged-in as an add-on to the main site. In such a case if the main website already has a membership module in place, then it is desirable that when a member signups on the main website, he also becomes a member in phpBB and wordpress.

There are 3 ways of doing this:

1.Manually redirect the user to the phpbb signup form after signing up on the main site
    2.Do an automated form post in code to the phpbb registration page
    3.Add data to the phpbb database directly thus bypassing all the phpbb code
    4.Use phpbb functions to add the user to the phpbb database

Method 1 is cumbersome and messy as the user is forced to enter his details twice- once for the main site and then for phpbb. This is not a very good option as you are making the user do all the dirty work for you.

Method 2 is not possible with the latest version of phpBB (3.0 Olympus) as it requires Captcha authentication, unless you have a way of hacking the captcha code

Method 3 is very undesirable as there are around 4 tables and 60 fields to update when a member signs up. Besides some of the fields like password etc are hashed using code internal to phpBb.

Method 4 is the most seamless and safe.

It just needs 3 fields to be prefilled: username, user_password and user_email . The rest of the fields are filled with default values by phpBB.

mysite.com/register.php (has own database)
    mysite.com/phpbb3 (has own database)
    mysite.com/wordpress (has own database)

can someone together develope with me by helping me in coding when someone register at mysite.com/register.php, the script will automatic generate his registration to phpbb3 and wordpress automatically..
    johnburn
    johnburn
    Moderators
    Moderators

Registration date : 07/03/2009

Creating custom registration and login page for PHPBB3 + Wordpress.. Empty Re: Creating custom registration and login page for PHPBB3 + Wordpress..

Post by johnburn Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:00 pm

http://www.simplicitypoint.com/2009/04/18/wp-phpbb3-bridge/

But if you still want to customize all of those process, you still can give it a go Very Happy
    Pardork
    Pardork
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Creating custom registration and login page for PHPBB3 + Wordpress.. Empty Re: Creating custom registration and login page for PHPBB3 + Wordpress..

Post by Pardork Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:08 pm

the script.. Sad in Greek Language.. thanks anyway.. from you post, it gave me some idea.. more help needed.. Very Happy
    johnburn
    johnburn
    Moderators
    Moderators

Registration date : 07/03/2009

Post by johnburn Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:12 pm

Pardork wrote:the script.. Sad in Greek Language.. thanks anyway.. from you post, it gave me some idea.. more help needed.. Very Happy

Are you sure its in greek?
    I already downloaded the file and yes, its in english.
    Pardork
    Pardork
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by Pardork Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:21 pm

take a look..

PK
    :Wƒ:  wp-phpbb3-bridge/PK  Vƒ:‚f’h" ­
     wp-phpbb3-bridge/admin.phpµVaoÛ6ýœ ùW¡«íµŠûÐÄvçdNã!M ÛY…@I”ÅN"’²k ýï;’’íÄi´©️€@çãñÝ{äÝ)ÝwEZìû/Ÿö9؇—0–⠍ôœHÏ)$BÂG!㱤J€©️ONà°óºóÕn8c=|Hœ3ÞÁeë”:þ"Jp˜
    É¡ûE9ëÅò"cÓ«B0®️;‘ÈûvçŸD;À3d@Vm’ep؆7¯_¿µ!¯žò±ˆ³”)(¤˜K’š‰¤”Hô’Hd³%D„ƒ¤1SZ²°Ô˜Âc(1KVè°X%©️RÐTæ
    Db¼¿¼†÷”SI2—!j‡ Q®️(Ìm<*¥1„+~† ,ÜÔ±@@d¢™️àm  c$,¨Tø«$5bU“hC\‚(̦–ACÆ+ȈÞìí÷½g°–Š¤·ð©️((Œâ—,Ë ¤P*š”Y0>ŽfçW×3W—7ðq0™️ .g7ǍtA–½„Fm’p½2> '§ç?8]Œf7¨ÂÕØhv9œNáìj&³ÑéõÅ`ãëÉøj:ìÀ”Òÿ;ä¤ËžeL5a™️Úˆ¿ÁVH0‹!% Š7Q¶@z"Q¬s‰™️às+Óê­ÓìÀ(.tòì¦ZG¾¿\.;s^v„œû™️Q~ßRzÒÇ?Ø?ØOJiS*Ë" l«9åe«â߃ý=ǁ*Cã

already twice download the file.. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 pm