Forum Sementara Putera.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forum Sementara Putera.com

Bersama kita perkemaskan forum ini sementara forum asal dalam pemulihan.

Forum putera dah kembali. Masalah sudah berjaya diselesaikan. Sila lawati http://forum.putera.com/tanya

+3
MalaYneuMaya
betik
beandiesel_fan
7 posters

somebody help me improving my English skill

beandiesel_fan
    beandiesel_fan
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 05/11/2009

somebody help me improving my English skill Empty somebody help me improving my English skill

Post by beandiesel_fan Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:43 pm

salam...

I am improving my English skill, I hope somebody here could help me
    i write article and you checked it for me
    i doing this because i don know to who i can speak English, i am very week in English and at the same time i really really need to write a lots of article in English,
    maybe this is like i talk to you, i will write what i tend to say like blog post

........................................................................... my first post

Fairly refund policy for everyone
    i saw some of merchants does not like to refund money back, but if they are selling something crap and buyer ask for refund, they need to give buyer money back, but sometimes, people like to ask for refund, usually people will ask for refund if they are not success, if they success, personally if i success i will not ask for refund
    so to make refund policy fairly for everyone ( merchants and buyers) I suggests to make this condition:
    1. Merchants need to tell clearly what the method they are going to teach , how much budgets are required, whitehat or else, working hour, how long to get the result, and tell the buyers if they purchases this course they are agree with condition condition is: buyers need to try the method as what they will learn, if want to ask refund, they need to show their works
    2. Buyers are required to show their work in order to asking refund, this is importand to make merchants feel satisfied
    This I think is more fairly than “no question asked” refund policy
    betik
    betik
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 204
    Registration date : 15/03/2009

somebody help me improving my English skill Empty Re: somebody help me improving my English skill

Post by betik Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:51 am

salam and welcome beandiesel..

well, i ain't no expert...but if i could share a thing or two, maybe some of the terms used were not suitable...
    i think, "i saw" should be "i have noticed"...and the term "merchant" there should be "seller" or even "company" for more general use..."crap" isn't appropriate to be in a formal article...maybe you could use "faulty products" or "low quality products"...that should be reasonable to get a refund, right?...and if i could understand you correctly, the term "success" should be "satisfied"...unsatisfied customers are more likely to ask for a refund...

and the whole numbered points should be rephrased ...it's hard to understand what you were trying to say i'm afraid...
    and uh, the "fairly" in the title should be just "fair"...

you're doing great actually but may i suggest if we could do the basic grammar first...it's the best for a start i guess...
    MalaYneuMaya
    MalaYneuMaya
    Moderators
    Moderators

Job/hobbies : kejar biawak, kunyah milo beku
    Registration date : 18/02/2009

somebody help me improving my English skill Empty Re: somebody help me improving my English skill

Post by MalaYneuMaya Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:35 am

waalaikumsalam...

do you tend to write a policy or an article about policy?

agreed with betik..grammar first then you just keep writing..

somehow personally i think i would love this thread Very Happy its pretty useful..

by the way,
    Spoiler:
    beandiesel_fan
    beandiesel_fan
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by beandiesel_fan Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:53 am

here is another post....it only short,

Kalendar kaum Mayan meramalkan kiamat berlaku pada 2012 dan seluruh dunia kini berbicara mengenainya. Apakah bentuk-bentuk kemusnahan yang mungkin boleh terjadi pada dunia?

RAMALAN tarikh kiamat bukan perkara baru. Sudah acap kali penduduk dunia dimomokkan dengan ramalan hari kiamat berlaku pada tarikh tertentu, namun ternyata nafas dunia belum terhenti. Seorang petani di New England pernah meramalkan kiamat berlaku pada 23 April 1843 sehingga memiliki pengikut yang digelar The Millerites. Tarikh 1 Januari 2000 juga tidak terkecuali antara yang pernah diramalkan.

http://kosmo.com.my/kosmo/content.asp?y=2009&dt=1111&pub=Kosmo&sec=Rencana_Utama&pg=ru_01.htm

Mayan ethnic’ calendar predicted that doom days will occurs in 2012 and the hole world currently talking about it, what is a type of destroying will happen to world?

Predicting doom days date is not new, earth resident often being informed with doom days will happens at certain date, however earth breath not stop yet. One farmers at new England has ever predicted doom days will happens at 23 april 1843 with the result that he have follower called millerites . 1 january 2000 is not excepted predicted date
    betik
    betik
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by betik Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:53 pm

i'm not sure whether this is the best solution for you to be able to learn how to write a proper english essay in a short time but since you insist, here it goes:
    Spoiler:
    but please don't take it as it is or you would learn nothing(besides, i'm not sure that is the correct translation Very Happy)...i'm still believe learning grammar would be the best start though...
    beandiesel_fan
    beandiesel_fan
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by beandiesel_fan Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:01 pm

thank betik,
    i thinks i will makes new approach in order to speedup my learning english pace
    i will grabs some article on net and i will asks you why they are use some grammar verb, because sometime, i wonders why they are using that word

ok..so, here is my first article i gots from
    http://www.howtocuthairforbeginners.com/

My name is Julia Allison and I've been cutting my own hair and the hair of my family members for over 4 years now, and the money I've saved from not having to go to the hairdresser's is probably up in the thousands by now.

I've also started a part time business cutting the hair of my friends, and neighbors. They all started asking me where I got my hair cut - and I just told them I did it myself... and things kind of took off from there.

started-why not "start"
    cutting-cutt

It wasn't always like this though. Several years ago I was a struggling stay-at-home mom having to take care of 2 beautiful children. My husband's income hardly covered the bills.... well I don't want to drag you into the whole story here but to make a long story short:

struggling- add "ed"
    drags
    also check my started post above..i don know if it is true i add "s" every verb words Very Happy
    betik
    betik
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by betik Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:36 am

beandiesel_fan wrote:thank betik,
    i thinks i will makes new approach in order to speedup my learning english pace
    i will grabs some article on net and i will asks you why they are use some grammar verb, because sometime, i wonders why they are using that word
    i'm not good in grammar myself...if you noticed, i've made many grammatical errors in every posts Very Happy...but we're here trying to learn something so i guess i shoud share something from my part...and i hope somebody will share their parts so i could learn something too...

as for your questions:
    I've been cutting my own hair and the hair of my family members for over 4 years now,
    "i have been cutting" is a 'present perfect continuous'...that means, the action started in the past and is still going...it usually emphasises the length of time of an action...
    usage: has/have + been + present participle
    e.g: he has been working there since i was a child
    started-why not "start"
    the sentence: I've also started a part time business cutting the hair of my friends
    "i've also started" is a 'present perfect tense'...in that sentence, it is used to show an action that occurred before in unspecified time...
    usage: has/have + past participle
    e.g: he has worked there several years

cutting-cutt
    "cutting" there is a gerund...it is used as an object there...it means, she has started a business of which she cuts her friend's hair(i could be mistaken here...maybe someone can confirm this or correct me if i was wrong)...

struggling- add "ed"
    the sentence: I was a struggling stay-at-home mom
    it's an adjective...it describes her...

drags
    the sentence: I don't want to drag you
    it's an infinitive(if my memory serves me right)...and mostly, a verb that is immediately after "to" has no 's'...i usually follow this rule Very Happy...
    usage: to + basic verb
    e.g: he decided to go to sleep...

also check my started post above..i don know if it is true i add "s" every verb words Very Happy
    for simple tense, plural nouns have no 's' in its verb and single nouns are otherwise...
    "I" and "you" have no 's' to...
    hope that helps

edit: some links --> Present Perfect Continuous: http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/presentperfect.html
    Present Perfect: http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/presentperfect.html
    gerund: http://www.perfectyourenglish.com/grammar/-ing-forms.htm
    Infinitives: http://www.eslgold.com/grammar/infinitives.html
    Falcon
    Falcon
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : Games... games.. games.. dan duit.
    Registration date : 27/11/2009

Post by Falcon Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:50 pm

Play games. Lots of them...

Thats how I improve mine in the first place. Through plenty of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Smile
    beandiesel_fan
    beandiesel_fan
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by beandiesel_fan Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:48 pm

sory for long times not post here, actually i quite busy with my work...very very busy
    Falcon
    Falcon
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : Games... games.. games.. dan duit.
    Registration date : 27/11/2009

Post by Falcon Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:03 pm

So.. how's your English now?? Any improvement?

As long as you keep on conversing with others in English.. you are bound to improve by leaps. Just keep at it constantly... Wink
    Razi_IBM
    Razi_IBM
    Ahli Rajin
    Ahli Rajin

Job/hobbies : Saboteur
    Registration date : 14/02/2009

Post by Razi_IBM Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 pm

the greatest secret on english learning : never lay your feet on lyn kopitiam..hehe..
    once you do, youre' done. cursed to be ktard forever.
    insani
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 01/07/2009

Post by insani Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:41 am

which one is true,:

checkup for the best deal

check it up for the best deal

please suggest
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Registration date : 13/02/2009

Post by teri-chan Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:13 am

i prefer

check out for the best deal

i never heard people saying check up or checkup... up to where?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:54 pm