Forum Sementara Putera.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forum Sementara Putera.com

Bersama kita perkemaskan forum ini sementara forum asal dalam pemulihan.

Forum putera dah kembali. Masalah sudah berjaya diselesaikan. Sila lawati http://forum.putera.com/tanya

+16
kindaichi_hajime
sementara_waktu
betik
akumegumi
amduron
haziqnet
jiem^antinongamerz
kox_metal
MalaYneuMaya
Batista
need
szainizam
teri-chan
crazy_labelle
antara21
yurckk
20 posters

Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling?

yurckk
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 227
    Registration date : 17/02/2009

Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? Empty Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling?

Post by yurckk Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Hello all,

What do you think the best way to improve your grammar and spelling? Any tips and tricks?
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 318
    Registration date : 13/02/2009

Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? Empty Re: Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling?

Post by antara21 Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:30 pm

plentiful of reading! ^^ grammar and syntax shall be learnt inductively.
    crazy_labelle
    crazy_labelle
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : baca n tgk cite twillight...
    Registration date : 16/02/2009

Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? Empty Re: Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling?

Post by crazy_labelle Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:39 pm

Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? 591113b4n57ryr0lSuggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? 591113b4n57ryr0lSuggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? 591113b4n57ryr0lSuggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? 591113b4n57ryr0l

watch learn read speak practice
    huhu... i dunno bro... many ways... just pick wat suits u best...

like myself... i love to watch english tv shows...
    and it help me in term of speaking...
    but not quite sure of the grammar...
    i'm still speak n write using broken grammar.... argh....
    but i'm trying to improve my self okeh... from day to day....
    Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? 67
    Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? 591113b4n57ryr0lSuggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? 591113b4n57ryr0lSuggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? 591113b4n57ryr0lSuggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? 591113b4n57ryr0l
    emeraldg

Post by emeraldg Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:31 am

actually i'm not really like english but let us try to bud and sow our interest upon this lingua franca

for me, i love to do these:
    1.listen to english song-by doing so,we will enjoy to the melody and of coz we'll try our best to understand d lyric.so, indirectly we're improving our english

2.watch english movies..it's so enjoyable

3.write english essay

4.speak in english..just speak and ignore grammar mistakes or whatsoever..juz talk

5.quite hard but open d dictionary if u really don't know d meaning..usually i prefer to guess d meaning based on the contex of d sentence..lazy to open dic maaaaaaaaa.....

the thing that rare bout me is that,when i got fighting with my friend,my english is getting better.this is becoz we will use english to argue instead of malay.incredibly,my english would be extremely fluent when i'm fighting or argueing in english...sometimes fighting is good n i love to fight ...ahakz!
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:13 am

hahahha nuff said.. to improve practice.. practice n more practice...

frankly to say.. i used to post my posting using english (becoz b4 i met putera i was in motortrader... 100% english n some say chinese slang hahha..) so cannot help myself liao...

n slowly i posting in malay... now i lost my touch in english writing (sigh!)

luckily putera have this english corner... pls use this corner wisely as u can practice here probably not speaking but makes ur writing better

(think mod will warn me dis time for using lots of short forms... used to hav 1 huhuhu)
    yurckk
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by yurckk Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:22 am

Yerp, practice makes perfect! However, if i write something (usually newsletter, article) there will be a lot of grammar and spelling errors. yeah, i prefer to post reply or thread in english so i can keep improving.

i do like watching english movie without any subtitles, so that i can learn to hear what they talking. however this kinda hard cos of their dialect.

like in our country, we have "bahasa pasar" and "bahasa negeri".
    szainizam
    szainizam
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : Peguam Syarie
    Registration date : 15/02/2009

Post by szainizam Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:33 am

hello..

hardly to say.. i honestly not good in english...

but..i really want to be good in english

and i hope my lovely sons n daughter

not even can talk in english but smart in writing..

thanks to you guys and girls..specially to PUTERA
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by antara21 Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm

remember ya. English language is no longer owned by English. Even Americans have not been using it for years! (lol) ^^ speaking of language, errors are inevitable. do not condemn grammar errors - morphological or syntactical or semantical ones..instead, try to learn from those errors. therefore your skills will be improved intrinsically. trust me. ^^
    need
    need
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : Computer

Post by need Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:53 pm

honestly look the book called DICTIONARY..
    will improve your learning in word first.
    someone

Post by someone Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Ignore others! Just ignore what people around you say. If they were about to condemn you, be it. Just ignore it.
    Those guys are the barrier to you to improve your english. Yes especiall "Malay", they used to condemn their friend who learn in english. (Try to speak english among your "Malay" people [Malay to Malay conversation]). What do you think they will say about you?

-Poyo?
    -Poser?
    -Blagak?
    -etc...

Don't feel shy about it, industry outside now days expecting their employee to have a good in english, especially in communication. Sit and think.
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:59 pm

haha nice one.. to szainizam... it is easy to each ur childrens in early stages rather wait for the teachers at schools. my bro.. well he is not the smartest... but his english is quite good.. it is becoz my mum used to talk in english when he was in kindergarden... frankly say.. my mum isnt gud either...

my point is... teach them in early stages...
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by antara21 Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:50 pm

teri-chan wrote:haha nice one.. to szainizam... it is easy to each ur childrens in early stages rather wait for the teachers at schools. my bro.. well he is not the smartest... but his english is quite good.. it is becoz my mum used to talk in english when he was in kindergarden... frankly say.. my mum isnt gud either...

my point is... teach them in early stages...

that's rite!! children are better learners than adults, especially in terms of learning and acquiring language(s) and accent. once they have developed private speech, monitor their progress and do scaffolding. haa.. towards the better English, and beyond~ Very Happy
    yurckk
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by yurckk Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:01 am

Reading! Read the english newspaper. Instead you're improving your english grammar and spelling, you can gain a lot of knowledge from that.

Chatting, seems mIRC are no longer popular... posting (english) in forum will help you a bit.

Get someone to assist you! Ask for someone opinion about your english (grammar, spelling, etc)
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:04 am

i remember there is 1 family i met in Alamanda... their parents have 1 day english speaking whereby mode of language only english...

i was shock coz the children speak english in britsh accent... or izzit american? no.. it's british accent... n it's a Malay family...

wow... even my english doesnt sound gud like that.. mine in chinese slang hahah...
    szainizam
    szainizam
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : Peguam Syarie
    Registration date : 15/02/2009

Post by szainizam Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:23 pm

congrate!

i like this place! but i can't stop my legs to run nowhere...

keep it up guys!
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by antara21 Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:10 pm

a suggestion. try British Council. register as member, or at least learn from them indirectly. ehehe. alternatives, you can go to BBC.com or VOA.com. there you can listen to news and audio articles, and therefore you can learn their accents!
    yurckk
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by yurckk Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:14 pm

wow! british accent...hard to speak like that... i dunno my accent are more to what... lol
    Batista
    Batista
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : Internet
    Registration date : 20/02/2009

Post by Batista Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:19 am

for me...i love to see beckham talking....wow very hot accent...i think it's one of british accent...
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:51 am

it is a british accent... i know there's 1 guy from my ofis when he speaks totally in british accent... probably he's from UK department whereby he have to deal wif UK customer... now he's in malaysia dept... still his english is like a song to me hahaah...
    crazy_labelle
    crazy_labelle
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : baca n tgk cite twillight...
    Registration date : 16/02/2009

Post by crazy_labelle Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:28 pm

Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? 810890llyzu75ab3

i love simon cowell accent... hehe...
    n yeah... many woman finds that british accent is seductive...
    haha... go and learn to talk like a brit...

Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? 810890llyzu75ab3
    MalaYneuMaya
    MalaYneuMaya
    Moderators
    Moderators

Job/hobbies : kejar biawak, kunyah milo beku
    Registration date : 18/02/2009

Post by MalaYneuMaya Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:32 pm

assalamualaikum...

remembered one of my lecturer who speaks in british accent... Razz
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:49 pm

no offense... hate the ausie accent... or malaysian ppl trying to speak like one.. i think ausie accent suits to ausie ppl only...
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by antara21 Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:44 am

try aussie accent on this line : it is a good day today.. you'll hear: it is aei gud dai tu dai... ^^ currently i'm working on my accent. ministry and BPG want english teachers to be fluent and also acquire the accent.. haih2.. got a twisted tongue. huhu
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:35 pm

hahah u wish to work with call center izzit? heheh as for me.. speak clearly n loudly is enuff.. the accent just add the flavour to it. mway.. what's wrong wif malaysian accent? i'm proud to it hehehe...
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by antara21 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:16 am

ya la...me oso use manglish what... no spin2, no drag2...as long as others can understand u, and u can get what people are trying to say...enuff la rite? huhu. true2. but it depends. for me, as im going deeper into the english language, i can see the relevance of acquiring the language as close to the native speaker as possible..hee. plenty of reasons i perhaps. huhu. neway, it's just me aa..my humble opinion. ^^

grammar n spelling. hm...songs n lyrics? proper ones of course... hip hop songs always abandon the correct structure...ish..huhu

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:18 am