Forum Sementara Putera.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forum Sementara Putera.com

Bersama kita perkemaskan forum ini sementara forum asal dalam pemulihan.

Forum putera dah kembali. Masalah sudah berjaya diselesaikan. Sila lawati http://forum.putera.com/tanya

+16
kindaichi_hajime
sementara_waktu
betik
akumegumi
amduron
haziqnet
jiem^antinongamerz
kox_metal
MalaYneuMaya
Batista
need
szainizam
teri-chan
crazy_labelle
antara21
yurckk
20 posters

Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling?

teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Registration date : 13/02/2009

Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling?

Post by teri-chan Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:19 pm

ah i remember there's 1 puteranian who likes to speak like nigga.. call ppl nigga..i wonder where is he now.
    yurckk
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 227
    Registration date : 17/02/2009

Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling? - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling?

Post by yurckk Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:50 am

hehe watch out the word "ni**a", don't ever try to say about it in front of them. However talk about customer service(call center), many telemarketer's are Indians. From India country... is it?
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:49 am

nope... my workplace near to call center.. frankly to say most of them ar indians.. mayb it is becoz they can speak multi-language
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 318

Post by antara21 Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:57 am

teri-chan wrote:nope... my workplace near to call center.. frankly to say most of them ar indians.. mayb it is becoz they can speak multi-language

well india, once, used to be the best commonwealth's Englsh-speaking continent..if i'm not mistaken. that is why many good english books were printed n sometimes published in india. not to mention the low cost of printing them on paperback n recycled papers...hehe. n there r studies that show that indians are good with languages. mind not the accent or slang. ^^
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:08 pm

yeah.. how did u know dat?
    yurckk
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by yurckk Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:02 pm

how did who did that?
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:15 pm

u said "well india, once, used to be the best commonwealth's English-speaking continent"

how did u know dat?
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by antara21 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:53 pm

ala...sorry teri-chan. the info was stated in a research, and several books i read few years back while running my tesl foundation in teaching college... dont have it with me rite now. i'll try to find it and quote it correctly and rightly ya. furthermore it's supported by my lecturers so in my humblest view i believe that's a historical fact. correct me if im wrong ya.
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:57 am

no no.. i'm not saying ur wrong.. but i was impressed. and this fact is true considering almost all indians here at my ofis can speak clearly either english, malay, tamil or any kind of language.. ah some wif french too.
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by antara21 Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:33 pm

in that case, an agreement shall flourish the statement then. my indian friends too, they rarely speak tamil. think they have grown accustomed with english language. ^^
    kox_metal
    kox_metal
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : Student Makmal Perubatan
    Registration date : 03/03/2009

Post by kox_metal Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:23 am

Salam, i'm new here, so i hope i'm not interrupting so much..speaking (we are writing, aren't we?) about indian, i remembered my Indian English teachers, ( i used to study in a private school for 2 years) speak english with their indian accent; it brings memories trying hard just to understand it.. Smile
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:46 am

kox_metal.. welcome... no worries... just chatting away how to improve dats all...

hahah it's true.. it's true... hard to understand those who used to tamil and speak english as well... malaysian's indian not dat bad... the India's Indian that makes us twitching our eyes and sharpen our ears just to understand that are they trying to say hahah...

BUT those from Bollywood ah... i tell you... the english are good!
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by antara21 Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:34 am

hehe...anybody from sabah or sarawak here? i was told by a friend that sabahans and sarawakins are good english speakers too. let's see..how many years had they let British colonized the states? haa..no wonder la...hehe

suggestion to improve grammar and spelling. um, make the english-english dictionary your buddy, your can-never-let-go friend. hehe. i mean, always refer to the dictionary whenever needed. make it a habit. u will learn better. ^^
    yurckk
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by yurckk Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:22 am

oh kox_mental, my previous english lect was an Indian too. I'm more comfortable to have different type of race than me cos it'll motivate me to talk in english with him/her. This is a good practice tho. Very Happy

Dictionary... I have a dictionary which I kept since I was in standard 6. Now I hand it over to my little sister. Quite so long that dictionary stick with me Razz
    teri-chan
    teri-chan
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by teri-chan Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:17 am

off topic..

ah yurckk.. suddenly i feel like i remember you.. ur the 1 who have prob with... er... nyah rite?? abg yurckk~~ hahah....
    jiem^antinongamerz
    jiem^antinongamerz
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Registration date : 03/03/2009

Post by jiem^antinongamerz Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:05 pm

omg..T_T i used 2 read novel only
    yurckk
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by yurckk Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:56 pm

@off jap

woots....teri...u still remember it aaa...hehehe....lol...shhhhh.... Razz
    haziqnet
    haziqnet
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 85
    Registration date : 02/03/2009

Post by haziqnet Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:34 pm

and don't forget to look out thesaurus dictionary...it was really gud as a part of revision other than dicitionary...

even for me, i'm not talking in english for a while now and my language had already lost it touch and sometimes my grammar is like rubbish..but speaking and writing is the gud method to improve our languange and grammar..not even u can speak fluently but u also can speak with more accurate and without any problem...like me now, i can say my words in english is not gud as before...it was pity because since back to school i luv english very much...grammar is like my friend before..i also luv to read the dictionary to memorize and knowing new words that might be rarely use in our daily language...

i hope i can improve my english and can speak with fluently without any error and bad grammars...sometimes i feel a bit uneasy with myself because sometimes when i'm talking english with my friend, i always speak like aa...rr. not fluently and take too much time to think for the right words to say...huhu... i hope u guys will not cricticize my language too badly as this is my first writing in english after 3 and a half year...

P/S : to moderate i hope u can forgive me to use short form in this site...
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by antara21 Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:23 pm

mr haziqnet! we're looking for more guys like you! those who know how to tolerate with mistakes and errors during the learning process. i know you do mind, but errors are not to be avoided. it is a compulsary process in learning something, especially language wise. in fact, we are all learning. so, i help you, you help me. we are happy family. ^^ don't worry, we support each other, help each other. none is going to belittle you brother. hehe

Last edited by antara21 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hoe ->how. typo error. sorry. hehe)
    haziqnet
    haziqnet
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 85
    Registration date : 02/03/2009

Post by haziqnet Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:06 pm

antara21 wrote:mr haziqnet! we're looking for more guys like you! those who know hoe to tolerate with mistakes and errors during the learning process. i know you do mind, but errors are not to be avoided. it is a compulsary process in learning something, especially language wise. in fact, we are all learning. so, i help you, you help me. we are happy family. ^^ don't worry, we support each other, help each other. none is going to belittle you brother. hehe

thnks antara 21 for supporting me..yeah that's true because without practising we will never improve our language...for the younger now, many of them thinks that english wasn't important and that was wrong...english language is an universal language and can be use at any country in this world...without knowing english it was like u have eyes but u can't see...dun think english was not important..it also gud if we want to learn another language like chinese, russia, spain and many others...not many of our people can speak more than this 2 language...it can help us in many ways in our life...that's all for today...i hope we can share and learn together in this english corner...thank you...
    crazy_labelle
    crazy_labelle
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : baca n tgk cite twillight...
    Registration date : 16/02/2009

Post by crazy_labelle Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:29 pm

haha... i'm not sure wether i can master more den three language...
    learning Bahasa and English only already makes me sick...
    amduron
    amduron
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Registration date : 22/02/2009

Post by amduron Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:27 pm

aaahhh, it's a delight to be in here, hehe..well, i love this section very much, no kidding Razz improving your grammar and spelling is much fun, i was overwhelmed when learned this sometimes ago (and still learning ya know..) to put it simple, always be proactive. Look at anything that could improve your knowledge about this language. My suggestion is always refer to the newspaper, it's the best source at a very cheap price (you can get it for even free of charge, bet you!) and don't forget the dictionary. It's handy and useful. This two sources are the best for me (of course it is..) well just get your hands on these two items, sure you will learn something, worth mentioning!
    antara21
    antara21
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Post by antara21 Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:14 am

well said, amduron. ^^
    akumegumi
    akumegumi
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Job/hobbies : facebookin'
    Registration date : 04/03/2009

Post by akumegumi Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:43 pm

learning through mistakes
    so>>>do lots of exercises!!!
    + read a lot,,watch movie n etc
    betik
    betik
    Ahli Baharu
    Ahli Baharu

Number of posts : 204
    Registration date : 15/03/2009

Post by betik Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:20 pm

Suggestion to improve your grammar and spelling?

besides the seemingly regular yet marvellous "read, listen, speak, write" and "identify your stumbling blocks and remove them", there're some more splendid rules which ought to be observed...

1st rule: stop these language prostitutions a.k.a Manglish, Singlish and whatever X-lish we could found out there...

2nd rule: stop all those nuisances called SMS-written posts..

3rd rule: don't beat me up upon suggesting all the above rules unless you want to end up wasting your time in ICU for the next couple of months unable to chew down your meals while scraching your paralized legs with your bandaged hands.. Very Happy

//really, just use proper English on a daily basis...everyone should go from hell to hell before we could reach the heaven of eloquent English...and i'm still trapped in this hell ... No

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:41 pm